[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin configuration file.

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sat May 21 19:40:42 CEST 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:58:35 +0100, Benjamin Pracht
<bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:

> Well, it should be possible to enable loop from javascript. Do you mean
> this control is not working ? on which version of VLC ?

It hasn't worked in a long time. It hasn't been important enough for
me to chase it down to completion. One thing I have done is to add "no"
cases for loop and fullscreen (see below).

> Is it using the X11 output in both cases ? X11 is much more power
> consuming than xvideo... Launching mozilla from a command line should
> allow to read debung info from VLC.

XV and ALSA in both cases. I had forgotten about launching mozilla from
command line. Yes, that does work.

#   define VOUT_PLUGINS "xvideo,x11,dummy"
#   define AOUT_PLUGINS "alsa,oss,dummy"

Months on though I still don't understand why the vlcrc file options
can't be used? If they could it would simplying matters immensely for
users of the mozilla plugin.

Dermot.
--

         else if( !strcmp( argn[i], "loop" ) )
         {
                 VLC_VariableSet( p_plugin->i_vlc, "conf::loop", value );
             }
         }
         else if( !strcmp( argn[i], "fullscreen" ) )
         {
             if( !strcmp( argv[i], "yes" ) )
             {
                 value.b_bool = VLC_TRUE;
                 VLC_VariableSet( p_plugin->i_vlc, "conf::fullscreen",
value );
             }
             else if (!strcmp (argn[i], "no" ) )
             {