[vlc] Re: mozilla plugin configuration file.

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sat May 21 18:58:35 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 21, 2005, Dermot McGahon wrote :

> What is the technical issue stopping the mozilla plugin from reading the
> vlcrc
> file and from being able to set and get configuration variables either from
> plugin code or from javascript?
>
> I have been unable to get loop working and have resorted to using a spawned
> vlc. It works, but seems to defeat the purpose of having a plugin.

Well, it should be possible to enable loop from javascript. Do you mean
this control is not working ? on which version of VLC ?

> I've also seen a problem where the plugin consumes 100% of a 1GHz
> processor.
> Playing the same stream with normal vlc only consumes 50%. It's difficult
> debug the plugin.

Is it using the X11 output in both cases ? X11 is much more power
consuming than xvideo... Launching mozilla from a command line should
allow to read debung info from VLC.

--
BigBen