[vlc] Re: "X Window Error" and --vout=x11 option

Steve MOREAU moreau at essi.fr
Thu May 26 08:47:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

Thanks very much for your help :-)

I've tryed to update the Device section of the /etc/X11/xorg.conf but I
didn't succeed in making it work (I know I'm bad :-)). Surely, I've made
wrong changes but I tryed that :

Previous Device Section

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "via"
    VendorName "Videocard Vendor"
    BoardName "S3 Unichrome"
EndSection

New Section

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "via_drv"
    VendorName "Videocard Vendor"
    BoardName "cle266"
EndSection

And now, I can't start X server anymore (ouf... run-level = 3). 'startx'
threw me :

(EE) LoadModule: Module via_drv does not have a via_drvModuleData data
object.
(EE) Failed to load module "via_drv" (invalid module, 0)
(EE) No drivers available.

I've probably damaged my Linux by installing the Unichrome project so that
it missed something (via_drvModuleData ?). I'm looking to find what
happens and if I made the correct changes... but if you have a track, I
would appreciate it :-)

Thanks again

Steve