[vlc] Using VLC in non-commercial administration

"Olaf Müller" omdancer at gmx.de
Sat May 28 17:54:08 CEST 2005

Hello,

as a happy private user of VLC, I would like to introduce this excellent program to my workplace, a non-commercial city administration. I know that VLC is freeware, so there is no problem with the player itself.
My question is the following:
For playing back the different types of videos, for instance, you employ different codecs. Do I have to fear legal problems when using VLC with its implemented codecs for anything else than private use? This is really important, because if I want to use it, it has to be clean.

Thank you very much,
best regards
Olaf Mueller