[vlc] Installation problems on FC3

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Mon May 30 20:00:13 CEST 2005

Hi,
I am having problems installing vlc on FC3.
I downloaded
http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.8.1/rpm/fedora/fc3/vlc-binary.tar.gz.
When i try to install the rpms, most of then get installed except a few
like say..

cdinfo-0.71-0

When i try to manually install it, it gives me an error as
# rpm -Uvh cdinfo-0.71-0.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         libcdio.so.0 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libiso9660.so.2 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libvcdinfo.so.0 is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386
         libvcdinfo.so.0(VCDINFO_0) is needed by cdinfo-0.71-0.i386