[vlc] Re: "X Window Error" and --vout=x11 option

Steve MOREAU moreau at essi.fr
Tue May 31 09:22:46 CEST 2005

Thanks Dermot,

I've succeeded in having via_drv.o back, and the log file tells me it is
correctly loaded. But I still can't load vlc :-) Maybe the error was not
due to that if it works at your home (I read in the manual I have cle266
chipset with VT8623CE integrated graphic controller).
By the way, there is something strange because when I start X server, I'm
in very high resolution (1280x1024) and I can't make it down (I have
choices up to 1600x1200). There is maybe something I forgot to do with
Modelines and (still) maybe vlc can't render the video properly in such
resolution.
I'm going to look on the Internet to find some explanations.

Hey hey I'm really not endowed :-)

Thanks again,

Bye

Steve