[vlc] Re: Cannot stream via RTSP from Bitband VOD server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 9 18:35:28 CET 2005

>This is not the PLAY response, It's the SETUP response. The SETUP
>Response has extra data which is not read by liveMedia (Even though a

Yes, you're correct (thanks for noticing this).  (However, it's still
bogus for the server to be including a SDP description at the end of
*any* response - other than a "DESCRIBE" response.)

>I guess you
>could easily add support to skip the "Content-length" data in a SETUP
>response.

Yes, I think so.

Could someone please put one of these servers on the (public)
Internet, and send me the "rtsp://" URL, so I can use it for
testing?  It would be good if we can find a way to support it without
having to hack the client code too much (which was my concern before).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>