[vlc] Keeping http connection open over several playlist item.

Marco Kunze makunze at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 12:07:04 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Using the --sout-keep flag, it is possible to keep the http connection
open during a loop for example, so that the client player does not
notice anything of the EOF in the server.

I now try to achieve the same effect inside the vlm using the telnet
interface.
In particular, I want to change the media of the input stream, without
letting the client notice anything about it. In the output stream it
shall appear as a normal scene cut.

I hope I was able to make my question clear enough, google didn't help,
so I hope someone of you knows the answer :)

Thanks,

Marco