[vlc] last part of clips cut off when streaming?

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Tue Sep 20 23:40:50 CEST 2005

Hello, all ...

I'm sure this issue has been observed by others, so i'm hopeful that
there is a solution.  I'm googling and looking through the archives
now, but I want to parallelize by also asking in this forum.

We're seeing VLC behavior (Windows and Mac OSX) where a VLC instance
plays a local MPEG2 PS just fine, but when it streams it, the receiving
VLC instance (as well as an Amino set-top box) never plays the end of
the clip correctly.  These clips are encoded with perhaps a 3-4 second
fade to black, and this fade never plays on the receiving unit -- the
video just stops, and then the next one starts.  It's as if the VLC
instance doing the streaming stops streaming when the EOF of the source
MPEG2 PS is reached, even though there is stuff in the sout buffers
waiting to go out.  I don't know if this is really the case ...

Has anyone been able to solve this?

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com