[vlc] problem with --rc-show-pos parameter

Panayotis Katsaloulis panayotis at panayotis.com
Wed Sep 21 01:35:29 CEST 2005

Hello

I'd like to use vlc in a console only mode, in which it will display
the current position inthe tram in it's output. For this reason I
tried interface rc and the command like option "--rc-show-pos" in
order to display it's position.

The help command says:

--rc-show-pos, --no-rc-show-pos
                                 Show stream position (default disabled)
          Show the current position in seconds within the stream from
time to time. (default
          disabled)

Unfortunately this doesn't work as promised. In the demo matroska
video I have ( the infamus mewmew-vorbis-ssa.mkv which is XVid with
OGG for sound and embedded SSA subtitles) I can only see the file
position in percentage format).
Even worse, in an avi I have { RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 576 x
304, ~30 fps, video: XviD, audio: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (stereo, 48000 Hz) }
it does not display the time position at all.

Am I missing something?

Thank you