[vlc] Re: last part of clips cut off when streaming?

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 01:59:24 CEST 2005

Derek,

> Then the fade outs are not properly appended to the mpeg sequence I
> suspect.
> Not so uncommon. A lot of mpeg editing software makes a real mess out
> of the mpeg.

... possibly, but why then does VLC play back the video -- including
the fade-out -- fine when played locally i.e. not from a stream?  These
issues only appear when a VLC instance is playing a stream of a video
clip with a fade at the end; if VLC plays the same video clip locally
(not streamed from another VLC), then the fade-out plays fine.

Regards,

John