[vlc] Re: 6 channel with alsa

Sameer Thahir gnu.bhai at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 08:46:32 CEST 2005

On 9/29/05, Benjamin Pracht <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005, Benjamin Pracht wrote :
> >
> > Could you tell us what sound card you have and which alsa device module
> > you use ?
> >

> After doing some tests on my side, could you try to add the --aout 44100
> option to your vlc command line, and tell us:
>
> - If the you still get the error when enabling 5.1
> - If you get sound on *all* the speakers
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> BigBen

hi

i tried now with the following command line

vlc --aout alsa --aout 44100 --intf rc dvd://

and still im getting the same errors
when i give adev 6

also no i only get sound on the front left and right speakers

im using the "surround51" alsa device to get 6 channel sound in mplayer
i pass something like this in mplayer

" mplayer -ao alsa:device=surround51 -channels 6 dvd:// "

im using via8235 with cmi9761 (cmedia) chipset sound and

kernel 2.6.13 alsa drivers

thanx for the support

bye
sameer