[vlc] audio from MPEG-4 stream from Axis cameras

Cian Cullinan cian.cullinan at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 19:15:45 CEST 2006

After my recent post to the list about network cameras I've decided to
go with something  from Axis. My one concern is getting a synched
audio/video stream. From what I've read the MJPEG output from these
cameras work very nicely with VLC, but then I will have to grab the
audio stream seperately and mux the two together which sounds like a
pain.
The cameras I'm looking at also have MPEG-4 output where the
audio/video are already muxed! I found the following thread on the
forums about issues with the audio and a potential fix:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=18287&highlight=axis+audio

Is anyone on the list is using this new fix with an Axis camera, and
if it's working for you? I'd test myself but I don't have the camera
yet :)

Cian