[vlc] Open/play directory in 0.8.5-test2 not a good idea

Manfred Braun manfred.braun at manfbraun.de
Wed Apr 19 17:09:05 CEST 2006

Hi All,

because of some problems with streaming the local "screen:" device, I checked this new download.

What changed dramatically - from a usability point of view - is the time, playing media starts. The "old" version just begins playing immidiately, anyway, how much files are in/below the given directory. The new one - so it looks - first reads all files in the directory, about several GB in my case, then starts playing. This is very ugly, because one has to wait up to several minutes now!

Best regards,
Manfred

Sent via the WebMail system at ak52.mailingkunden.de