[vlc] GUI in front of fullscreen video

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Thu Apr 20 02:57:20 CEST 2006

Hi.

Frequently I experience, that the VLC GUI places it self
in front of the fullscreen video blocking the view.

I'm running VLC 0.8.4a ond 0.8.5beta2 on Windows XP MCE,
but seen it on other types of WinXP as well. Never seen it
on Linux.

VLC is started with -fullscreen and a m3u playlist, but I also
tried setting the fullscreen feature in the preferences.
Also tried enabling video-always-on-top, but that didn't
help either.

If VLC could be started in an iconic mode (minimized) but
with fullscreen, then it would be less annoying. You can
do that on X-Windows based system, but VLC can't
do that on Windows - I think.

Suggestions are welcome, but I think it needs to be fixed
in the code.

Kind regards

--PMM

BTW, playing rtsp streamed MPEG-4 when seeing this.