[vlc] Still JPEG image display time

M.-Leander Reimer l.reimer at adaptions.de
Sun Aug 6 20:26:26 CEST 2006

Hi VLC users and developers,

I need to play a mixed M3U play list with both movies and still JPG images
to make a slide / multimedia show.

Well, I got the play list and it kind of works, but the images only get
displayed for let’s say 1 second or so.

I tried a play list entry like

#EXTINF:20,Author – Still Image

C:\Images\Still Image.jpg

but that didn’t change anything. How can I increase the display time for
single JPG images (via the play list)? Does this work at all?

I have also downloaded the sources and successfully compiled everything. I
started looking at the code but to be honest I am bit lost and don’t really
know where to start or what to look for.

Does anybody have any tips or advice to solve this? Which files should I
start looking at for modifying?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Leander