[vlc] Re: where is X?

Václav Koldus vaclav.koldus at avpark.cz
Tue Aug 8 20:47:12 CEST 2006

VLC is obviously trying to use framebuffer output filter, which it
shouldn't if you want to play
video on X. Have you tried to force vlc to use proper filter?

All you have to do is to pass correct arguments to vlc.

vlc --vout-filter x11
or another filter you want.

If this doesn't work, you should really check your compilation.
config.log is indeed good point to
see. And also look into /usr/local/lib/vlc/video_output/ if there really
are filters you desire.

V.