[vlc] Re: transcoding with change of resolution

Pedro Tumusok pedro.tumusok at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 20:04:50 CEST 2006

On 8/28/06, Peter Wendorff <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Pedro Tumusok schrieb:
> >

> > On 8/28/06, *Peter Wendorff* <wendorff at uni-paderborn.de
> > <mailto:wendorff at uni-paderborn.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi!
> >     How can I change the resolution of a video-file to a lower one?
> >     So - I have a video of nearly 100 MB, with a resolution of 720x576.
> >     Thats very much for using it on a web-page, so I try to transcode it
> >     with VLC - but I cannot find a way to change the resolution. Can
> >     anybody
> >     of you help?
> >     regards
> >     Peter Wendorff,
> >     Germany
> >

> > Take a look at the width and height parameters and also the scale
> > parameter could be usefull to try with the transcoding option.
> >
> > http://www.videolan.org/doc/streaming-howto/en/ch04.html
> Thanks- but... I cannot find anything there about height, width, size or
> scale, and in my interface is no option like that, too.
> regards
> Peter Wendorff

I'm sorry but I dont use the GUI for transcoding,  I only use the
commandline like the examples in the link i provided.
So I have no clue what the GUI actually offers in regards to transcoding.

--
Best regards / Mvh
Jan Pedro Tumusok

Another fella told me, he had a sister who looked just fine.
Instead of bein' my deliv'rance, she had a strange resemblance
To a cat named Frankenstein