[vlc] Re: [ProSD] Programming with libvlc

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Fri Dec 8 13:57:27 CET 2006

Ed Schouten wrote:
> * Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:
>
>>Ed Schouten wrote:

>>>Is this a known issue? Are there some examples of applications using the
>>>new libvlc API?
>>
>>This bug is fixed in current snapshots.
>

> I just managed to install VLC's 7 december snapshot after updating
> ffmpeg to trunk, but it still increments the counter by two when I add a
> song. What would be a good spot to look for this bug?

Maybe you forgot to rebuild vlc and to reinstall it?

I know for sure it is fixed, because it was me who fixed it. I just
checked the code in trunk and it still has my fix.

Look in src/playlist/tree.c function playlist_NodeChildrenCount(). It
should say

   i_nb = p_node->i_children; <<< IMPORTANT
   for( i=0 ; i< p_node->i_children;i++ )
   {
        if( p_node->pp_children[i]->i_children == -1 )
             break; <<< IMPORTANT
        else {
        }
   }