[vlc] Is it worth reporting an .flv bug in 0.8.6?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 01:46:40 CET 2006

I have an .flv file that reliably crashes the Ubuntu distribution
version of 0.8.6, 32 seconds in.

VLC media player 0.8.6 (wxWidgets interface)
Compiled by buildd at palmer.buildd.
Compiler: gcc version 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5).

My question is: is it worth reporting bugs in .flv in 0.8.6 at all? I
ask because of this bug:

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/818

- where the user who is asking if their help is wanted at all is told
to go away and stop bothering the developers.

I have a reproducible bug. Is it worth reporting?

- d.