[vlc] Re: Multiple syncing VLC recordings

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Dec 30 11:57:06 CET 2006

cab938 at mail.usask.ca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got two different boxes with their own inputs running VLC on windows, and
> I'm looking to synchronize the time at which they start (in playback, I'll only
> play the audio from the first).
>
> Comments on how to best achieve this?  Right now we've setup a kind of complex
> script to ssh into the one box, start it, then start the other one, but I would
> prefer a more general solution (so we could add more videos as needed).
>
> Tia for any comments,
>
> Chris

Use the rc interface (add --extraintf rc --rc-host 0.0.0.0:2020) to the
commandline or configure it through the Preference Dialogbox. Then write
s small application to start all VLC's remotely over the TCP network
socket (serverip:port) with whatever MRL you like.

The rc interface supports a lot of commands to start and stop an MRL
(file,encoding,etc.). It even provides you with some feedback on the
success of the command.

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.