[vlc] VLC and IGMPv3 multicast streaming on Windows XP

Thomas Kuiper tkuiper-vlc at inxsoft.net
Wed Feb 8 04:41:56 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm sending this to both lists (VLC and Streaming) as I'm not aware if this
is a streaming problem or a more general problem.

I'm trying to test IGMPv3 with VLC, but so far I'm only able to get VLC to
generate IGMPv2 packets.

In short, is there any way to force VLC to send IGMPv3 join/leave packets?
Cause when testing it on a Windows XP Computer (XP Pro, SP2) I only see
IGMPv2 packets in Ethereal arriving (Ethereal is the latest version, VLC too).

Thank you for any suggestions how I could get it run IGMPv3.

I also tryed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815752
but it didn't help. I wonder if this is Windows or VLC related.

Thomas