[vlc] Re: SAP (sdr mbone) playlist freeze SOLVED !

Jehan PROCACCIA Jehan.Procaccia at int-evry.fr
Fri Feb 17 17:28:43 CET 2006

Jehan PROCACCIA wrote:

> Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>
>> Le Vendredi 17 Février 2006 10:41, Jehan PROCACCIA a écrit :
>>

>>> So it is a known issue ? do you confirm that I cannot read SAP
>>> announcements with that version (0.8.4a) ?
>>>

>> The bug was normally fixed before the 0.8.4 release. It is only known
>> to affect version 0.8.2. I cannot reproduce it here, though I have
>> far fewer SAP announces than the whole MBone.
>>
>> Which interface are you using ?
>>

> Gnome 2.10 apparently
> $ rpm -qa | grep -i GTK
> wxGTK-common-2.4.2-12
> wxGTK2-2.4.2-12
> gtk+-1.2.10-39
> gtk2-2.6.10-1
>
> I just started a whole update of my machine (yum update) I 'll check
> if it works better next ...

I finally changed my vlc package from livna repository to the one from
dries repository , it implied to use a wxGTK dependency from freshrpms,
and now that one (videolan-client-0.8.4a-2.2.fc4.rf) works fine :-) .

Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 videolan-client         i386       0.8.4a-2.2.fc4.rf  dries
5.5 M
wxGTK                   i386       2.6.2-0.2.2.fc4  freshrpms         3.3 M

thanks everyone .