[vlc] Re: son pourri avec VLC

thomas boulenger ecrito at club-internet.fr
Mon Jan 2 15:56:05 CET 2006

>Now in english
>you complain about the audio quality
>when you use VLC but we don't know the version you are using
>and which plateform and with which libraries
>for me with the version 0.8.2 everything works fine
>use the CtrlI during the playing of the file
>and see the Information about the Media

>Pierre

Sorry that i have wroten my message in french, i thougth they was many french people on this list ...
in despite of my bad english, I hope you will understand what i write :-))

I think that VLC is a VERY good soft, i found it for reading an unreaddable video thats only VLC can read :
"Woodstock 3 day of peace and music" :
Video: DivX 5 512x256 25.00fps 751Kbps [Video 0]
Audio: MPEG Audio Layer 3 48000Hz stereo 96Kbps [Audio 1]

So i install this soft for reading all my media file.

I use, W98Se,
with Hoontech ADDA 2000 from St audio,
and VLC 0.8.4a

I use Cubase, Wavelab, Sound Forge, Many audio converter, Adobe Premiere, Wm player, Van basco midi player, all this soft are going
good, why it's dont work with VLC ??

If you are interresting to solve this problem, i record (with wavelab) what i ear on my PC
and i put this record on my web site :
i ear this with VLC : http://ecrito.club.fr/fanfaronne/with_vlc.mp3
and i ear this with WMP : http://ecrito.club.fr/fanfaronne/with_wmp.mp3

It's the beginnig of a song from "Van der graff generator", "The Sphinx Returns".

If VLC want to be the BEST media file player, it's must going on every sound card !!!
(like every other media player !!!)

Best regard
Thomas