[vlc] Re: Saving State in VLC

jmzorko at mac.com jmzorko at mac.com
Sat Jan 7 01:10:39 CET 2006

Edward,

> How does one go about using VLC to transcode and save one video
> format into another.  I've heard the program has this capacity, but
> thus far
> have found no way to do it.  I'm mainly interested in converting
> .AVI's and
> .ASF's to .MPEG's and vise versa.

The "Advanced Output" checkbox in the File|Open File dialog controls
this ... check this box, then press the "Settings" button, and another
dialog appears with all sorts of options for transcoding. You can also
do it from the command line, though the command line syntax for VLC is
its' own thing.

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
http://www.fallingyou.com