[vlc] no pic in mozilla no sound in vlc

Kevin spacecityroach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:03:35 CET 2006

no picture no sound

I've installed VLC and the Vlc mozilla plugin.  and according to about:plugin Vlc plugin is enabled.  But whenever I view a page that the plugin should handle all I see in a black box with the words  (no picture) where the media should be.  Can someone please help me figure this out.  Is there some configuration that needs to be done?  to what file.

Thanks for your time

oh yeah and recently vlc just stoped playing sounds. I use the ALSA sound plugin but nothing comes out.
my media play has no picture and no sound.