[vlc] Re: Problem streaming over wireless link

Kevin spacecityroach at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:21:51 CET 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: anirban patnaik
  To: vlc at videolan.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 5:36 AM
  Subject: [vlc] Re: Problem streaming over wireless link

  hi,

  i faced the same problame.

  what i did ---- i just changed my access point seting to "Wireless Access point" and directly conect to the computer with strate cable.

  this is the basic

  and i tried for continuous  10 hours streeming over wireless.

  if u ve any other problem just feel free to ask

  with regards

  abnirban

  Petr Hroudny <Petr.Hroudny at seznam.cz> wrote:
    Hello!

    I like to stream over wireless link conecting 2 buildings. The link is able to give me 1,2 MByte/s downloads over FTP.
    I used UDP stream option, but the result is very bad. The picture is distorted and VLC prints several discontinuity and other errors.
    Even very low bandwidth videos don't work correctly.

    Is there some special setting for wireless links necessary?

    VLC version is 0.8.2

    Thanks,Petr