[vlc] Re: Press Inquiry: DTM Magazine in Japan

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Wed Jan 11 21:27:13 CET 2006

Le lundi 09 janvier 2006 à 18:25 +0900, Daigo Yokota a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> My name is Daigo Yokota from "DTM Magazine," a Japanese monthly magazine for computer-based music production and multimedia technologies.
>
> We are planning to introduce "VLC Media Player" in the next issue. We would be very grateful if you give us your permission to include the software on our cover DVD-ROM, which will be distributed with the magazine.
>
> I hope to hear from you soon.
>
> Best regards,
> Daigo

Well, you may redistribute vlc as log as you comply with the GPL license
(Have a look here http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html for more
information).

That means that you either need to provide vlc's source, as well as the
source of all its dependencies (Basically, all the packages on this page
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html) or offer to send them
per ordinary mail upon request (you can charge for the shipping price of
course)

Thanks a lot for your interest in VLC,

Regards,

--