[vlc] Re: Making VLC more accessible to the blind

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Thu Jan 12 01:12:40 CET 2006

Petro,

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006, petrakigianos-giasou at yahoo.com wrote:
> I play DVDs because I want to hear the movie. The audio is fine
> with me. You know some videos and DVDs come with descriptive
> narration on them describing the silent scenes and so on.
> [...]

Thanks for the (long) answer :) I appreciate. (I didn't know that DVDs
had text descriptions, you learn something new every day)

> What is VLC doing about this new Blue Ray and HD DVD standards
> that are out in Japan?

AFAIK nobody started working on support for those (since they haven't
been available until pretty recently). I guess that we'll be seeing
messages about Blue Ray and HD DVD on this list when someone begins
working on it.

Best regards,

--
Antoine Cellerier