[vlc] VLC player memory problmm, such as leakage

Sangho Lee shlee at cosmos.kaist.ac.kr
Fri Jan 13 10:08:16 CET 2006

Hi,

These days I got an experiment about video steaming with two PCs,
where installed Windows XP and VLC media player ver 0.8.4a.
(The physical memory size of each PC is 512MB.)

The basic experiment is that one PC (sender) sends a video with multicast
and the other PC (receiver) receives it. And two PCs are in same subnet.

However after sending the video for 2 ~ 3 hours, the sender's physical memory
usage is peak and the VLC player process of the sender is killed.

(Actually 25MB physical memory is used at starting point,
but at around death point the used memory is about 400MB.)

Is there any known problem about these kinds of problem?
And if so, what can I do solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

- shlee