[vlc] unkown file type after remuxing

Peter De Cleyn peter.decleyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 16:11:48 CET 2006

Hi list,

I wanted to a stream video  over wireless links and analyse them furter.
Streaming works like a charm, but in order to use some available tools,
I need the stream saved in an avi.
This mux was however removed from vlc.

I thought to use virtualdub to remux to an avi format, but
none of the streams I
saved could be opened by virtualdub.
It complaints it can't detemine the file type.

The origional file streamed using mpeg TS and I tried to save it,
without
transcoding at the receiver, in all available encapsulation types,
but none seems to be accepted by virtualdub. I also just tried to open an avi
(divx) file
and locally stream it to a file using one of
the encapsulation types with the same results.

Can anyone point me out what I should do?
My main concern is to remux to an avi file.
The tool to do so does not matter,
 but if you can point me out to a open
source linux based command line solution, this would be awesome :-)

regards,

Peter