[vlc] Re: RTP streaming using VLC

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Sun Jan 22 10:41:18 CET 2006

Le mardi 17 janvier 2006 à 16:57 +0530, Saurabh Garg a écrit :

> However, for Quicktime (and if possible Real also) I want to stream it
> as an RTP stream, and use the following option:
>
> :sout=#transcode{acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=2}:rtp{sdp=rtsp://localhost:8800/f.sdp}
>
> There is no problem with streaming and Quicktime appears to start
> playing the content. But there is no audio to be listened to. Is it a
> codec problem ? Or is it that the packetization (mux) done by VLC for
> RTP, is not compatible with Quicktime Player.

Well, this setup should work, I guess. Could you send us the complete
debug log of the server vlc ? Also, could you try with vlc as a client ?

> Also, is it possible to send the stream 'as-it-is' without transcoding
> it for the above case.

Well, depends if qt supports the ulaw codec over rtp (and vlc can send
such a stream). I'm not sure for both conditions.

> Also the Real player seems no to do anything and hangs.
>
> I am using Quicktime version 10.

Real Player 10, I guess ? ;)

--
BigBen