[vlc] Mac OS X Interface, Hide Controller By Default or RFE?

Nathaniel Nutter m at nnutter.com
Wed Jul 19 10:38:46 CEST 2006

After talking with several people on #videolan I decided to ask here.

Please see the screenshot for clarity: http://downloads.nnutter.com/
vlc.png

When VLC opens on Mac OS X the window VLC - Controller always opens.
I would like to keep VLC from opening the controller window while
maintaining all other aspects of the interface (menu bar, skin,
etc.). Is this possible or should I make this a feature request?

My reasons for wanting to do this are that I use VLC primarily for
video. The Mac OS X interface includes the basic controls in the
video's playback window (which is awesome). The controller is
redundant when playing video. The ultimate solution would be to open
the controller but have an option to automatically hide when a video
is opened.

Thank you,
Nathan