[vlc] Serious bug in VLC

Jacqueline Klaver Klaver74 at zonnet.nl
Mon Jun 5 07:57:29 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using VLC 0.8.5 (wxWidgets interface). I've the following problem.

When I have played a DVD with VLC and close VLC, other programs (like
Firefox or Thunderbird) don't start any more. Other programs (like Word,
Excel) do start but get in responsive right a way.

The only way to proceed is to turn of the computer!!!

I'm working on a laptop (don't know if that matters...).

Previous versions didn't have this problem.

I have discussed the problem on the forum but couldn't find a solution
(see:   http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?p=67956#67956  )

I'm not on the mailing list, zo pleas respond on e-mail.

Regards,

Robby