[vlc] Re: settings for tv

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Jun 5 14:17:38 CEST 2006

surya andrea wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am a vls user in The Netherlands and have a question on your vls player. Is there a certain setting that needs to be configurated in order to get the tv signal on the tvscreen?
>
>   I am not able to get an image through from my notebook to my television and have tried many different settings. I would very much appreciate it if I could be given a possible solution to this issue.

You have given us very little information to help.
1) Where are you trying to stream from? (DVB-C/S/T card, PVR card, TV
input on notebook)?
2) What do you use to receive the stream at the TV? (a settopbox,
another computer, nothing?)

And last but not least you should use VLC not VLS, since VLS is no
longer supported or developed. All VLS features have been taken over by
VLC, it can be downloaded here: http://www.videolan.org/vlc

Gtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.