[vlc] Re: Mozilla plugin for Linux

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Jun 8 12:34:00 CEST 2006

Selon Peter Maersk-Moller <peter at maersk-moller.net>:

> I noticed that the VLC-Mozilla plugin is missing in the
> Slackware Binary on the Videolan site.

We rely on external contributors to provide Linux packages, except for
Debian/Ubuntu (what most Linux-based VLC developers use). Other good packages
would include the official Gentoo and ALT-Linux ones for which we have active
maintainers, loosely involved in the development as well.

> Is there a place to get the Mozilla plugin for VLC for Linux
> as a binary since compiling it, is out of reach for most
> people ?

Honestly, I would accept such a statement wrt Fedora, Mandriva or Suse... but
isn't using Slackware is as out of reach for the average user as compiling
the binary?

To answer your question: maybe, but not on the videolan.org website.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont