[vlc] Re: Storing SDI streams with VideoLan?

Andrea Venturi a.venturi at cineca.it
Tue Jun 27 10:38:49 CEST 2006

Chakrabarti, Sankar L wrote:
> HI
>
> Can I use videolan tool to capture and save SDI (serial digital input)
> stream from a Camera and save them on a disk. And later playthem through
> Videolan player?

may i ask, which kind of SDI card are you using?

is it on linux OS?

we are working with DTV broadcasters; actually we are using dektec cards
like DTA124:

  http://www.dektec.com/Products/DTA-124/index.asp

now we are using in the MPEG2 TS world as we are running an open source
carousel server called JustDvb-It for MHP interactive tv.

but they are SDI capable too, maybe you can store the SDI stream with
their DtRecord open source cli application:

  http://www.dektec.com/downloads/Utilities.asp

i dont know if you'll be able to decode that kind of stream with vlc.

we never tried because we don't have a video source with SDI output!

bye