[vlc] Re: Storing SDI streams with VideoLan?

Viktor Kompaneyets vato at wnet.ua
Tue Jun 27 10:48:46 CEST 2006

Chakrabarti, Sankar L wrote:

> HI
>
> Can I use videolan tool to capture and save SDI (serial digital input)
> stream from a Camera and save them on a disk. And later playthem through
> Videolan player?

Yes, if your SDI card had drivers for appropriate platform.
Some professional SDI and ASI card have SDK/API for both Win32/Linux - so it
can be possible to integrate them into VLC. But there can be a lot of
problems with color coding sheme, bitrate and system bus trouthput.
Especially - with HD video.

--
Viktor Kompaneyets
Wnet project manager