[vlc] how can i install videolan-client-0.8.4a-1.2.fc4.i386.rpm for redhat EL4?

chenw chenw at blrcsv.china.bell-labs.com
Tue Jun 27 10:52:57 CEST 2006

Dear all:
       I am trying to install videolan-client-0.8.4a-1.2.fc4.i386.rpm for redhat EL4 system,but  "Failed dependencies" error accurs.

If I use --nodeps to install it, it can be installed ,but when i run vlc, it says

"vlc: error while loading shared libraries: libdvbpsi.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" .

what should i do to solve the problem? To meet the dependencies, i must updates some core libs, it may be dangerous and troublesome.

Thanks

Regards,

chenwei