[vlc] [Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON at via.ecp.fr>] Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

System administration admin at via.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 2 19:26:24 CET 2006

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON at via.ecp.fr> -----

From: "#PHANG CHEE WOH,DERRICK#" <PHAN0004 at ntu.edu.sg>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:52:04 +0800
To: vlc at videolan.org
Subject: Help to solve error in ./configure

The deleted attachment is at:
    <http://www.videolan.org/~admin/20060302-videolan/winmail.dat>

Hi,

I encountered some errors and warnings while running the configure. (See =
attached log)

The error are mostly pertained to conftest.h and conftest.c. My question =
is what are they and what may have caused this problem?

Two other errors that had appeared are:

1.
configure:1872: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:1915: result: yes
configure:1939: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing

2.
configure:3031: gcc -mno-cygwin -c -g -O2 -I/usr/win32/include =
-I/usr/win32/include/ebml conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:2: error: parse error before "me"
configure:3037: $? =3D 1
configure: failed program was:
| #ifndef __cplusplus
|   choke me
| #endif

For the first warning, what does 'missing' refer to? Is it anything to =
do with tools that have not been installed for cygwin yet?

For the second error, what does it mean? Do I need to make any changes =
to any of the source files to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Derrick

----- End forwarded message -----

--