[vlc] Mac OS X vlc video artifacts question

Dave Schroeder das at doit.wisc.edu
Fri Mar 3 02:26:23 CET 2006

Hello,

Does anyway know about the issue with the Mac OS X version of vlc
showing serious MPEG artifacts or pixellation with particularly high
bandwidth network streams? I've seen in on a large number of Mac OS X
machines, but the same streams are perfect on, for example, the
Windows of vlc.

We're looking at using vlc for a fairly large transcoding operation
(4Mbps MPEG-2 TS to MPEG-4). Does anyone know what the stem of this
problem is (or even what I'm talking about), and if there is any
current work on fixing it?

Thanks very much for your help!

Regards,

Dave Schroeder           |    University of Wisconsin - Madison
Senior Systems Engineer  |   Division of Information Technology
Email: das at doit.wisc.edu |                  Systems Engineering
Web:   das.doit.wisc.edu | B263 Computer Science and Statistics
Cell:  +1 608 444-5672   |              1210 West Dayton Street
Phone: +1 608 265-4737   |        Madison, Wisconsin 53706-1685