[vlc] cygwin ./configure fails with C compiler error.

ken -vlc vlc at justken.net
Mon Mar 6 20:46:50 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm following the Oct 3, 2004 "Working Cygwin VLC Compile Environment"
how to from the vlc site to setup cygwin.

during the ./configure phase i get an error:
---
checking for gcc... gcc -mno-cygwin
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables
See 'config.log' for more details.
Make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

---
I've tried a number of things,
i'm using gcc 3.3.3 (cygwin special)
i've installed the extra libraries into /usr/win32

everything i've read stats that the gcc3.3.3 will compile the 3.3.1-only
contrib.

I'm using the cygwin script copy and pasted from the INSTALL.win32 readme

i've seen this same error a number of times in google, however - none of
the solutions seem to change anything.

any help,
ken.