[vlc] Re: cygwin ./configure fails with C compiler error.

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 7 01:31:37 CET 2006

Wild guess -- this sounds like a core Cygwin installation error, that it
hasn't set up the environment properly, literally doesn't know, for example,
that it is to create .o (or whatever)files.

I had this happen once, munged install, I believe.

Trax has generated an update on the compile environment, available at:
http://www.firstmiletv.nl/vlc/developers/howto.txt

Sometimes a given Cygwin mirror has hosed packages, that's why I always
download to disk, then install -- end of the day I have a working set of
files that I then use going forward, in case I need to build a new
environment elsewhere.

I would suggest doing a kill-and-fill on your Cygwin (re-install), though if
you're lucky you might get by with just reinstalling the gcc/mingw compiler
components.

Try using the Cygwin mirror at funet.fi -- it's had good packages lately.