[vlc] conftest.c and ac_non_existent.h

#PHANG CHEE WOH,DERRICK# PHAN0004 at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Mar 7 13:00:07 CET 2006

Hi,

Just want to find out what is the purpose of this header file ac_non_existent.h

As pointed out in an earlier email, I have read through the config.log but I am still unsure of what is the problem.

I have numerous errors shown in my config.log that are similar to the following:

configure:3525: gcc -mno-cygwin -E -I/usr/win32/include -I/usr/win32/include/ebml conftest.c
conftest.c:11:28: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
configure:3531: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "vlc"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "vlc"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "0.8.4a"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "vlc 0.8.4a"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "vlc"
| #define VERSION "0.8.4a"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <ac_nonexistent.h>

Apparently, there is also many similar problems to mine posted all over the web but I just cannot find the solution.

Can anyone enlightened me to this problem and how to solve it.

Thanks.
Derrick