[vlc] Re: cygwin ./configure fails with C compiler error.

ken -vlc vlc at justken.net
Wed Mar 8 01:35:32 CET 2006

Thank you very much Mark!

Indeed, i was suspecting the cygwin configuration.
The problem resulted from gcc-mingw-core (etc.) reverting to version
20050522 each time i ran setup.
i was able to catch the gcc reverting to 3.4.4 but didn't know about mingw!

This new "how-to" should replace the one on the vlc-developers website,
as it not only explains this error, but it also shows why and how to
fix. Very impressed!

I noticed today however, that there are contribs for vlc now being built
against gcc 3.4.4

I'm so happy i could dance. Now if only nVidia and creative would
develop drivers for FreeBSD, and or some distribution of linux would
play nice with my shiny new (cheep) amd64 box. ARG!
Creative Live! 24-bit PCI sound card won't play nice with my Intel
1000bt pro ethernet card, Mandriva Linux crashes after about 30 seconds
of sound playback. Nothing else has come close to installing a
sound/network/video driver for the onboard nvidia MCP51 chipset.

i'm sure i'll be posting to this list soon enough, till then - thanks again!

ken.