[vlc] Re: How to select audio track for a DVD in the MRL

Pascal Burkhard admin at halifirien.org
Fri Mar 10 22:32:06 CET 2006

Ok this time I am getting this :
vcd: search for kIOCDMediaClass came up empty
vcd: failed to get the TOC
vcd: no movie tracks found
access_file: file /dev/rdisk2 is empty, aborting
cdda: search for kIOCDMediaClass came up empty
cdda: failed to get the TOC
cdda: no audio tracks found
main: no suitable access module for `-vv --audio-track 2 dvdread:///
dev/rdisk2 at 2:1-2:8'

Just to get things strait when I said MRL I talked about the line you
have when you lauch the prograd normally and then go into File->Open
Disk

If I lauch vlc in the Terminal with a command line like this :
./VLC -vv --audio-track 2 dvdread:///dev/rdisk2@2:1-2:8
That is working but then I can't set the advanced output through the
graphical user interface... But if there is really no other way well
then I guess I will have to spend an hour getting together the
different options for an advanced output the way i'd like it...

After all why try it the easy way when you can do it the hard way...

Pascal