[vlc] no color (colour) - only black and white when watching tv

Ben Smith bensmithus at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 09:19:33 CET 2006

This is driving me crazy - I am trying to capture TV from my 'Freebox' through a Hauppauge Win TV PVR PCII capture card using VLC Media Player. For a week I was unable to get any colour and was only able to view/capture footage in black and white. Then, suddenly I got colour. Now, about a week later, after having to reboot the machine (and re-boot my firewall) the colour is gone! Nothing I can do seems to get it back, and I'm not sure what happened the first time to allow me to capture in colour.

  I would be very very grateful for any advice you can give me. Please help!