[vlc] Re: VLC media player 0.8.5-test1 beta release

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Thu Mar 16 23:58:34 CET 2006

This version of VLC Win32 seems to messed up in a very strange way.
Tested on two WindowsXP systems, where all other players work just
fine, this build of VLC will not play ANY audio streams from a Darwin
Streaming Server, regardless of MPEG-4 or LATM.

(VLC plays .wav files just fine, so the audio IS working.)

VLC negotiates with the server, connects, and data flows to VLC,
however, there is no audio. Furthermore, upon exiting VLC, the
process is not terminated, and the network connection is still left running.

I have uninstalled the older version of VLC. If this is an
installation issue, please advise. Other users will sooner or later
run into the same problem.

-greg.

At 08:15 2006-03-14, you wrote:
>At 03:54 AM 3/14/2006, you wrote:
>>3GP LATM Audio Only Streams STILL don't play.
>>
>>rtsp://66.220.31.130/3gp.sdp  HE-AAC
>>rtsp://66.220.31.130/3gpo.sdp HE-AAC Packet Optimized
>
>Are you sure?  I downloaded and installed the Windows version (from
><http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/testing/vlc-0.8.5-test1/>),
>and found that both of those streams played fine.  (This version of
>VLC is using the latest version of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries.)
>
>Be sure to uninstall your old version of VLC before installing the new one.
>

>         Ross Finlayson
>         Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
>         <http://www.live555.com/>
>
>--