[vlc] Re: Buffering

Daniel Stränger vlc at schmaller.de
Fri Mar 17 18:11:24 CET 2006

Hi Piero,
there is an option to tune the cache size.

If you use the gui, you can find it in the preferences dialog: (enable advanced options!)
Input/Codecs -> Access modules -> HTTP(S) -> Caching value in ms

Or you can use the command line option:
vlc --http-caching={time in ms} ...

But i think this wont solve your problem, because normally the value isn't set this high,
that a whole file will be cached.

Do you open the file directly by vlc or through a browser with or without the vlc plugin?

Regards,
Daniel