[vlc] Re: Some XSPF related bugs

DS vlc at schmaller.de
Tue May 9 10:59:59 CEST 2006

On 09.05.2006 06:54, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
> bug #1: VLC does NOT seem to be able to play an XSPF files off of the
> web.  (You seem to need to download it to your hard drive first and then
> refer VLC to that.)
It works, if your http server sends exactly the mimetype "application/xspf+xml" (without charset parameter).
I'll send a patch to detect the mimetype correctly.
As a workaround you could open the the remote playlist like this:
"vlc http/xspf-open://tinkernet.org/xspf/"
Maybe you can temporary remove the charset parameter from the Content-type!?

> bug #2: XML comments, within the XSPF file, seem to prevent things from
> working.
I've tested with comments at various positions, so I can't confirm this.
Can you send a file (or better a link to it) which doesn't work?

> Is the a bug tracker somewhere to enter these?  Or is e-mailing bugs
> here sufficient?
There's a bug tracker @ https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/
But you may only read existing tickets.

> See ya